- Spa products company partners with ACA for stand out luxury packaging
- Hashtag Organics says that trade finisher ACA will definitely be given the contract for the next new product it launches in its CBD (cannabis extract, a safe non-narcotic) spa treatments range.
- Emma O’Neil, managing director, says: “Our branding and our packaging has to be very high end to match our product. When we moved our CBD products from the pharmaceutical sector into the spa and high street bar markets we decided we needed outside professional design and we placed the work with Too Gallus in Glasgow who have an enviable portfolio of clients including Nike, the V&A in Dundee and Bombay Sapphire. Different packaging is used for the spa range on the one hand and the high street products on the other.”
- It was a good decision and this month Hashtag Organics won a Drum Roses award for typography and also The Drum awards for Packaging Design. This was for our hashtag organics brand. Its packaging is short-listed in other forthcoming awards, too.
- “The design and packaging need to reflect the integrity and ethics of our company and products and to give aesthetics that match the trusted luxury product. It needs to be tactile and to enhance the sense of well-being. Core Image handles the printing using Heidelberg litho and digital technology. Then ACA adds value with its postpress processes. We use their die-cutting, gluing, foiling, embossing and debossing, high lift UV varnishing and soft touch and matt lamination on the spa and pharmaceutical packaging,” says Emma.
- “ACA has been incredible, providing a personal, attentive service. They understand that our products have a luxury price point so the quality has to be first rate. This is a fast-paced market with deliveries to pharmacies, hotels, spas and bars so we needed to partner with a company able to meet tight schedules.”
- Sustainability is very important to Hashtag Organics (aptly La Verte Rue means The Green Street) and all the papers supplied by GF Smith are uncoated and carbon neutral or carbon balance. An upcoming design will also use peach pulp paper. The foils and glues at ACA are all recyclable, too. Recently Hashtag Organics moved its bottles from plastics to glass and offers a refill service. It is the only CBD member in the Sustainable Spa Association.
- About CBD: Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp that is used in Hashtag Organics products. It is 100% legal for sale and consumption in the UK. Hashtag Organics provides CIBTAC training to spa staff so that they understand the health benefits (such as protecting skin, relieving inflammation etc) and the safe use of the products. Its retail products contain 300 to 2000mg of CBD, its spa products 5000-8000mg.
- For further information please contact:
- Diana Thompson, Plus Point PR Ltd, on 01494-817178
- Jes Crossley, ACA Ltd, on 07503 700 431
- Emma O’Neil, Hashtag Organics, on 07794 222 376
Keep up to date
Sign up to our newsletter & receive email updates about all things ACA.