- A second nesting or carton erecting machine is set to be installed at post-press specialist ACA’s base near Glasgow Airport next month.
- The HBJ-D1200 model, supplied by B&H Print Engineers, will be housed in the 5,000 sqft cleanroom within ACA’s factory.
- Having recently attained BRCGS certification for primary as well as secondary packaging, ACA said it expects to see increased demand for food-ready cartons. The new nesting machine will allow the company to offer structured cartons including hamburger boxes, four-corner trays, lunch and takeaway boxes. These can include flaps, inserted bottoms and lids.
- ACA added that the HBJ-D1200 can handle up to 320 pieces a minute using pre-printed or plain carton of 200-600gsm or corrugated stock up to 1.5mm thickness. Cartons can be up to 450mm in length, 400mm in width and 200mm in height.
- Jes Crossley, business development manager at ACA, explained, “ACA is rapidly expanding in the packaging sector with additional business being generated from existing and new companies within the four nations that make up the UK. As single-use packaging goes out of fashion because of sustainability issues we believe that demand for board-based and recyclable nesting for retail and takeaway sectors will increase.”
- Full article available – ACA invests in second nesting machine to meet demand for ‘food-ready’ cartons | Packaging Scotland
Keep up to date
Sign up to our newsletter & receive email updates about all things ACA.